Friday, August 26, 2011

NYX Over the Rainbow Single Eyeshadow Collection


Hey everyone! So yesterday I got a package in the mail from Hautelook. If you don't know what Hautelook is, it's basically a site where makeup, clothing, furniture, baby toys and even getaways go on sale for 50% - 75% off! A couple of weeks ago NYX cosmetics went on sale. I ordered the "Over the Rainbow" single eyeshadow collection and an eyeliner set. (though that isn't arriving until tomorrow.) I really wanted to get swatches of these but i can't find a good spot with the perfect lighting to pick up the colors. But you will definitely see these in tutorials to come. For now I will give you a general review of the colors.

*THIS WAS PURCHASED BY MY MOTHER FOR ME. THIS IS ALL MY HONEST OPINION. I AM NOT BEING PAID TO DO THIS.*


ORANGE









This color is very sheer although it still has a pretty good color payoff. When it is applied wet it has a slightly better pigmentation. I would probably use this color as an inner corner highlight when wet and a brow highlight, very softly, when dry. This could also be a really pretty "all over the lid" color when wet.


HOT YELLOW









This color is color is definitely sheer. Applied wet or dry, it is just yellow shimmer. regardless the fact that it is just yellow shimmer it is still a gorgeous color for a highlight.


SEAFOAM GREEN








This color is called "seafoam green" though I think it is more on the emerald side. Now aside from that it is a gorgeous color. It has amazing shimmer and great pigmentation wet and dry. I can not wait to wear this color.

COOL BLUE









This is the only matte color in this collection and it is probably my favorite. It is a very soft color with pretty good pigmentation. When applied wet it is a more vivid blue as opposed to dry when it is more of a sky blue. I love matte shadows because sometimes shimmery shadows can be overpowering.

KISS IN CASABLANCA









This is probably the prettiest navy blue I have ever seen. The pigmentation is not as good as I anticipated but I feel if you pack it on enough you could get the color you want. There doesn't seem to be that dramatic of a difference when applied wet.

VIOLETTA










Purple is a color that is flattering on all skin tones and can make any eye color pop. It's pretty sheer when dry, but again you can just pack it on to make it vivid. When it's wet it is pretty intense compared to the dry application.

When I receive the eyeliners that I purchased I will review those as well. Hopefully I can get good swatches of these colors. When I do I will post them as soon as possible.

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you would like to see me review this in a video just let me know. If I do that I would probably be able to get better swatches than a photograph. Just let me know what you want and I would be happy to do it.

♥-/ Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment