Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY Lip Scrub

Hey everyone! So I was thinking of fun posts I could do to keep things interesting. So I thought, how about I do some DIYs. I love DIY alternatives so I don't have to go out and buy stuff; even if it's drugstore, it's still money, and plus, making stuff is just fun. So today's DIY is going to be a lip scrub. 

To start you will need: 

AND/OR
 To add a moisturizing factor to the lip scrub. In this case, I will be using both.

You can also use a tooth pick or a makeup spatula. 

To exfoliate the lips and remove dead skin.

To condition the lips, as the sugar can be harsh.


To hold the finished product.

Directions:

Add a small amount of Petroleum Jelly onto a plate.

Add some lip balm. You do not have to use both lip balm and Vaseline, however if you use just one you should use more. 























Next, add sugar. Make sure it is coarse or it will not exfoliate properly. I am just using granulated sugar.



Add the olive oil to the mix.

Stir it together and add more lip balm if needed. I actually ended up adding two more chunks.


It should look somewhat like this when finished.


Add it to your container.


Apply it to your lips.






















Then wipe it off. 

Your lips should be nice and smooth now. 

I hope you enjoyed my DIY tutorial. Let me know if you want more of these, and I will talk to you guys in another post. Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment